Park Road, Dunmanway, Co. Cork (find us on Google Maps)
Vehicle actuated traffic lights detect and react to oncoming traffic flow. This allows for the most efficient traffic flow, minimising both delay to the public and management time lost to the contractor. These lights can be easily and quickly reprogrammed to suit varying traffic conditions and if required, can be manually controlled all from a single point. Efficient LED displays and long battery life result in low maintainance costs. These lights can be configured to suit two, three and four-way intersections. They can be set up as a single-head configuration (single traffic-light head per approach) or a double-headed configuration (two traffic lamps per approach). These lights are avaliable from Cahalane Bros. Ltd. at very affordable rates. Cahalane Bros. Ltd. also hire regulation signage for traffic light deployment. To enquire, contact us using the information provided above.
How these traffic lights work
- When there is no traffic approaching from either side both signal heads will show red.
- When one of the signal heads detects a vehicle approaching it sends a request for green.
- The request for green is granted and the signal head will remain showing green as long as the traffic continues to flow in that direction or the other signal head sends in a nudge (its own request for a green light)
- If traffic is coming from both directions then the lights operate on a preset timer basis.
- When the traffic flow stops from one side priority will be reverted to the side with the demand.
- And again if there is no traffic flow both heads will show red.
- 2 phase, radio linked with menu driven keypads providing a quick set up with each half having the capability of being easily moved. Particularly suited for narrow roads, moving road works, surfacing or short duration jobs.
- Each battery carriage is able to house 4 x 12 volt or 4 x 6 volt blocks. The 12 volt battery specification depends on weight or capacity preferences. The 6 volt units are designed to remain in the carriage and charged in situ. Andersen style battery connectors reduce the risk of shorting.